Like Tree1Likes

Official Xbox Q&A thread

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 332
Share |
  1. #31  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,971
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Clans can exist wherever they want, they wont be official clans as we know them though.

    You can all get together in a game and announce yourselves as [S3], but you will only be known to those who you play against.

    I was surprised when I saw COD3 didn't have clans, but I don't care, I have not liked a single clan I have ever been in.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteTheLegend View Post
    Don't even compare PS3 Online to 360, from what i saw and expirienced at my friends house 360's online is far better then any console out there, well i don't know about wii but i'm getting one so i shall soon know, but right now 360 has the best online.
    True, though its still a big improvement from ps2.

    PS3 Network ID: Jezz


    "But we had a dream
    And it was meant to be
    And we are kissing gods
    Against all the odds"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Moderator discombobulate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,216
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyEngland View Post
    I wouldn't really say Live is plug and play, if you are using a wireless network that is.
    Can't argue with that, because with wireless you don't just plug it in If you're wired it's pretty much plug and play :)

    Quote Originally Posted by strictlystyles View Post
    i never in any way tell anyone thier opinion is wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Super Moderator Negative Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,018
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulate View Post
    If you're wired it's pretty much plug and play :)
    And in my opinion, for online gaming, wired is the only way to go.

    There are a good amount of people from this forum that are in the [VGF] clan in Saints Row... and as people have already stated, you don't exactly need a clan for every kind of game that's developed.

    My bet is that there might be use for having clans in an upcoming game like GTA4... seeing as how Saints Row has "upped the ante" with having multiplayer support.

    JASON X!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    Senior Member -Graff-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Creep View Post
    And in my opinion, for online gaming, wired is the only way to go.

    There are a good amount of people from this forum that are in the [VGF] clan in Saints Row... and as people have already stated, you don't exactly need a clan for every kind of game that's developed.

    My bet is that there might be use for having clans in an upcoming game like GTA4... seeing as how Saints Row has "upped the ante" with having multiplayer support.
    My mom has a wireless thing for her laptop, will that work for XBOX 360?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    Moderator discombobulate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,216
    My Mood
    Brooding
    You'll need to be more specific than "wireless thing". My first thought was a vibrator.

    Quote Originally Posted by strictlystyles View Post
    i never in any way tell anyone thier opinion is wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Senior Member -Graff-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulate View Post
    You'll need to be more specific than "wireless thing". My first thought was a vibrator.
    It's like a router. I'll try to find it on amazon or something.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,971
    My Mood
    Cynical
    If its a wireless card like this:



    Then no, unless you have some kind of mutant 360 that has the port for it.

    If its connected via an Ethernet cable, it should work.

    If its connected via a USB cable, It may not work. In saying that though, the official 360 network adapter is USB, so that may have just proved me wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    Full Member _NIGHTBRINGER_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,147
    I'm confused..

    Currently, my modem is connected to the PS2, the router is connected to the modem, the router sends off signals to the comp so I can get on internet with the comp.

    So, if I unhooked the modem from my PS2, and hooked it up to the 360(Theres an ethernet port in the back of the 360 right?), would that work?, and how bad would my lag be?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    unwitten law / nightrider510
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,791
    that should work fine... lag? maybe as much as you do on ps2, thats all
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #41  
    Full Member _NIGHTBRINGER_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,147
    K, well thats good, I didn't lag much, I had the occasional jump lag though.

    One more day *Cries*


    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #42  
    Senior Member .writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    8,862
    My Mood
    Bored
    I was reading up on the 360 some more on the xbox website, and it says if you buy the core system, you can get free XBL.

    Does anyone know if this is basically the same thing as silver/gold, or are there things that you can't access in the "free" version?

    ****ing Wal-Mart with no premium systems!!!!111!!

    *hates Wal-Mart*
    Mag: i'm just yankin your dick

    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #43  
    Full Member DanteTheLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    tampa bay
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Writer View Post
    I was reading up on the 360 some more on the xbox website, and it says if you buy the core system, you can get free XBL.

    Does anyone know if this is basically the same thing as silver/gold, or are there things that you can't access in the "free" version?

    ****ing Wal-Mart with no premium systems!!!!111!!

    *hates Wal-Mart*
    Wait until they ship more, don't make a mistake and take a core system, core system comes with XBL Silver, with a silver account you can't play XBL with other people, and it prevents you from buying certain game content, alot of downloads on the marketplace are exclusive for gold members.

    And plus you need a HD so yeah, wait patiently lol, and yeah walmart sucks, i went to one yesterday to buy me a 360 Racing Wheel and it seems they only had 10 of them and they all got sold! >.>

    R.I.P. Rev! Avenged Sevenfold foREVer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #44  
    Full Member _NIGHTBRINGER_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,147
    I got the Premium system(Thank god).

    And it came with a wireless remote, does it come with a charger already? or is it precharged?

    Argh, why didn't it just come wired..


    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #45  
    Full Member DanteTheLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    tampa bay
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by _NIGHTBRINGER_ View Post
    I got the Premium system(Thank god).

    And it came with a wireless remote, does it come with a charger already? or is it precharged?

    Argh, why didn't it just come wired..
    lol, don't worry, it comes with energizer batterys so yeah it will last up nearly to a month, i suggest you go pick up a Play & Charge Kit, or Quick Charge Kit made by Microsoft.

    R.I.P. Rev! Avenged Sevenfold foREVer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users creepin this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud


Official Xbox Q&A thread