Here's some info on the private beta: SOCOM.com - Welcome
You can get into it by checking their forums/Twitter/blog for access codes.
TURBANS FIRST THOUGHTS
I trust the source a lot so if he says the game isn't absolute **** I'll take his word for it. The cover system and amount of campers is worrisome though.
I've been subscribed to Sukmyturban for the longest of time. I was JUST about to post this video but you beat me to it. I will take his word for it of what he said in the video and I will see what is up. If they do decide to address these damn simple issues before the release (Camera and speed), I'll highly consider it.
Sony emailed me a beta code on Monday, March 14th... seemed a little odd to me, considering I wasn't even that hyped up for the beta...
My thoughts after 3 games:
- Bomb Squad is ******g retarded. The attacking team gets one bomb tech who has to defuse explosive. You're forced into having a crappy shotgun and you move slower than a retired, out-of-shape, sumo wrestler. I got bomb tech with 30 seconds left, non-stop sprint towards our last bomb and I didn't make it.
- Air strikes seem useless. Yet to see anyone get a kill with one.
- The grenade throwing is GOD ******G AWFUL. If you can master throwing grenades in this game, then I salute you. Hell, if you can even get somewhat decently good at throwing grenades, you get a free copy of the Playgirl magazine that I'll eventually be in ;)
- The guns are alright, but it seems as though the F90/P90 will be the gun to use again.
-- The gun bloom seems kind of Halo Reach-ishy. Too many shots in too quick of a time results in spraying, which even at mid-range is wild and unpredictable.
- Zipper doesn't provide an in-game view of the control layout, but it's somewhat simple to figure out. It's a mix between CoD and Socom controls.
- Graphically the game is beautiful and runs smoothly. In the short time I've played I didn't see any framerate issues. The only issue I have is, in respawn games, when the spawn timer hits 0 you sit at a black screen for 3-4 seconds before you can move.
I haven't tried Classic or Last Defense yet, but will probably give each a go next time I load S4 up.
Unless Classic Mode is THAT good, I don't see myself buying this.
Downloading Beta now. Will be looking for you people. Add if I'm not on your friends list.
Ok, so a lot of people say the beta sucks and this game is gonna suck. All I want to know is, will there be a good place to play king of the hill with shotguns?
Right off the bat just like I mentioned before:
1) Needs the god damn grenade arc
2) Needs to take the camera back a handful (Will be addressed)
3) Up the player movement speed (strafing)
4) Recoil + Crosshairs dammit
They are gonna have a party lobby in the final game right? If not do you now how shiy its gonna be to try and get 4 friends in a room together...... no part lobby = I won't buy it.
Socom 4 Beta« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
|Tags for this Thread|
|Oil Gas Prices||Modern Warfare 4||Oxytocin Online||MW3 Prestige Symbols||NJ Weather|
|Best Dubstep Mix||Fast Web Hosting||Eminem Posters||MW3 Unlocks||MW3 Challenges|