Like Tree6Likes

Shoulder surgery...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Share |
  1. #16  
    Writer Pvt.Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Dakota
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,838
    My Mood
    Cool
    A lot of sleep medicine doesn't mix well with pain meds from what I know. That might be why. It's gonna suck to sleep for a little bit, but it'll be progressively easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuFeng View Post
    Bell yeah!!!! We are gettin a Cosmo section!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #17  
    Senior Member .writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    8,862
    My Mood
    Bored
    Well, Ambien and Benzos are fine together, so I assumed I'd be getting one of them combos. But nope :(
    Mag: i'm just yankin your dick

    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #18  
    Writer Pvt.Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Dakota
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,838
    My Mood
    Cool
    Yeah now that I recall, I think I had Ambien. That stuff will knock you out in a hurry. If you keep having problems, you should call your doctor about it and maybe he'll prescribe you some.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuFeng View Post
    Bell yeah!!!! We are gettin a Cosmo section!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #19  
    Graphics Staff Scuba Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Drum, NY / Cali Requests: 161
    Posts
    9,083
    Just chug Nyquil.
    R.I.P. SPC Moore, SPC Anderson, PFC Bullock, SPC Wade
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #20  
    Senior Member .writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    8,862
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by .writer View Post
    Well, Ambien and Benzos are fine together, so I assumed I'd be getting one of them combos. But nope :(
    Oops, I meant to say Ambien or Benzos would be fine with a pain med...
    Mag: i'm just yankin your dick

    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #21  
    Senior Member .writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    8,862
    My Mood
    Bored
    Day 5 update...

    Sh*t SUCKS. It's so f*cking hard to sleep, it's crazy. The pain isn't too unbearable, more annoying than anything. It constantly hurts, but it's just a dull, in between medium and severe ache. Quite often a very sharp pain hits that makes you vocalize it through cussing and screaming. However, with the amount of pain meds I'm on, I'm too high to care, or even really notice most of the time.

    And suddenly being unable to do anything/move your arm is worse than I thought it'd be. It completely f*cks with your head when you suddenly lose the ability to function in the same ways you were just hours before.

    I have a rather large area of numbness that I am concerned about, however. I think it's only surface, but I'm not sure. The surgeon and nurses didn't say anything about it, like if I should expect it or not, or if it's normal... so I hope it's ok. I might call right now to ask about it.

    EDIT

    AND! After changing my dressing the first time, I found that I have 5 incisions. It was only supposed to be 3.
    Mag: i'm just yankin your dick

    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #22  
    Senior Member DieNasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,414
    My Mood
    Breezy
    You should call as soon as you can about that just to be safe. Numbness always scares me for some reason. I think partly because I associate it with a stroke and partly because I don't know what I would do if I suddenly couldn't feel **** which in turn would make me think of a stroke. Other than that, you seem to be typing fine lol. Just have fun with it for now and enjoy the time off, its really the best you can do in a ****ty situation.
    Formerly known as SkandaL/Jonai
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #23  
    Admin
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,744
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by .writer View Post
    Day 5 update...

    Sh*t SUCKS. It's so f*cking hard to sleep, it's crazy. The pain isn't too unbearable, more annoying than anything. It constantly hurts, but it's just a dull, in between medium and severe ache. Quite often a very sharp pain hits that makes you vocalize it through cussing and screaming. However, with the amount of pain meds I'm on, I'm too high to care, or even really notice most of the time.

    And suddenly being unable to do anything/move your arm is worse than I thought it'd be. It completely f*cks with your head when you suddenly lose the ability to function in the same ways you were just hours before.

    I have a rather large area of numbness that I am concerned about, however. I think it's only surface, but I'm not sure. The surgeon and nurses didn't say anything about it, like if I should expect it or not, or if it's normal... so I hope it's ok. I might call right now to ask about it.

    EDIT

    AND! After changing my dressing the first time, I found that I have 5 incisions. It was only supposed to be 3.
    duuuude, it's only been 5 days.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #24  
    Senior Member .writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    8,862
    My Mood
    Bored
    O...kay?
    Mag: i'm just yankin your dick

    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users creepin this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


Shoulder surgery...